Today I only had one thought at work: We’re having this mouthwatering pasta for dinner. This is by far our favorite recipe for a creamy pasta dish and we really wanted to share it with you.
During a work week we usually don’t feel like cooking complicated recipes, which take forever. This is more a weekend activity for us – sometimes. 😊 But thankfully it is so simple to create quick and easy vegan recipes. This one here is 0% complicated and 100% drool-worthy.
This vegan pasta sauce reminds us of the original ricotta sauce we used to love. The creamy flavor results from the cashew nuts. And you can make it super mild or super spicy – just the way you prefer it best.
It’s great for pasta parties, for meal prepping or just to enjoy on the sofa during tv night.
So here we go:
Prep time: 10 min, Cooking time: 15min
400g canned tomatoes
140g tomato purée
2 small red onions
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove
Juice of ½ a lemon
A pinch of chili powder
500g vegan pasta
- Add cashews, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic into a blender. Blend 😊 and set aside.
- Out some olive oil in a large pan (i.e. wok). Chop onions and sear them.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato purée, season with some salt and chili powder.
- Start boiling water and add salt. Cook the pasta in the boiling water for as many minutes as the packaging says.
- Combine the tomato sauce and the blended cashew in the pan. Stir till you get a creamy texture.
- Drip off the pasta, when ready.
- Toss the pasta into the pan with the sauce, stir everything together.
- Top of with some basil on your plate and enjoy the amazing taste.
Really hope you’ll enjoy this recipe just as much as we do. Let us know, how you would make a creamy pasta sauce. We’d love to try it.