Green food is the ultimate symbol for healthy food. Isn’t it? Therefore, we mixed together all the good, green veggies in a wok and created this super healthy and extremely good vegan wok recipe. It’s really easy, quick and will give you the energy boost you are craving.
Fun story: Before eating this healthy wok for dinner, we made a massive vegan chocolate cake. Just looking at that cake made as gain some weight 🙂 (Who’s following us on Instagram surly saw the bad-ass cake in our stories). And as we do not eat too much sugar anymore, we went right into a sugar coma after one piece. Yep… that happens, when your body is not used to such an amount of it. Anyway, where this story is heading: For dinner, our bodies were screaming for something healthy. So we mixed up all the greens we had in our fridge to this delightful wok. No added rice or anything, as we were quite full already. And I’m telling you, while eating this mean green meal, we could literally feel life, power and health stream back into us. That’s exactly how powerful food can be.
Ok, so enough story telling – I’m sure you want to have the same “full-of-life” experience. So let’s get started!
Prep time: 10 Min, Cooking Time: 15 Min
Ingredients (4 large Portions)
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
2 medium sized broccoli
300 g green beans
2 handfuls of Brussel sprouts
1 block of basil tofu
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Chop all your veggies and tofu into bite-sized pieces.
- Get your wok prepared with some coconut oil or olive oil on medium heat.
- Sear the red onions. Add tofu, peas and Brussel sprout. Cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broccoli, beans and zucchini. Cover up your wok and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and if you like some chili flakes.
- In the meantime, start roasting the cashews in a pan on low heat, till they develop a good color.
- Taste your veggies and take them off the stove, as soon as you like the consistence. We like it a bit more al dente – so if you like your veggies softer, just cook ‘em a bit longer.
- Serve in a bowl, top off with the roasted cashews and some sriracha sauce, if you enjoy the spiciness.
- Bon appetite!
Hope you enjoy this dish just as much as we do. If you’re not really in the mood for greens, try out our legendary pasta with cashew ricotta sauce.
Lots of love
Dario and Nikki