Do you know the feeling, when you’ve got guests over, prepared a super delicious meal and then nobody has room for dessert, cause they’re all full already? We have THE solution for you. Our quick and light vegan dessert with cream, chocolate chip cookies and berries is gonna solve your “I’m too full for dessert” problem. It does look like hell of a lot of dessert, BUT the cream is super fluffy and fruit just doesn’t count, does it? 🙂
This is actually one of our favorite desserts to serve, when we have our friends and family over. And everybody just loves it!
Just to give it an extra kick and so that everything is homemade, we do make the cookie part ourselves with our chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you buy vegan cookies, that’s fine too, and it will save you some time.
You can switch up the components as you prefer and like it. If blackberries and raspberries aren’t really your thing, use mango or pears or whatever you feel like. That’s the beauty about this dessert. You’ll have a base and you can change it up as much and as often as you wish to.
Now let’s get started!
Prep Time: 15min (with cookies about 45min)
Serves: 4 people
- 300ml soy cream / soy whip –> needs to be cold!
- 300g coconut yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large chocolate chip cookies
- 200g raspberries
- 100g blackberries
- 200g frozen berries
- Grated chocolate (about one row of chocolate)
(Cookie instruction below if you make the cookies yourself, start with them!)
- Defrost the berries (keep the juice)
- Whip soy cream until stiff.
- Mix coconut yoghurt, agave syrup and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Slowly fold in the whipped soy cream.
- Smash cookies in a plastic bag with rolling pin until you get a good size of crumbles.
- Layer cookies, cream and fruit in a glass so you get nice levels.
- Top off with some berries, and chocolate chips
Recipe chocolate chip cookies
- 175g spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 50g oat milk
- 100g margarine (liquid)
- 150g cane sugar
- 100g vegan dark chocolate (we recommend: Xucker Chocolate Drops)
- 50g salted peanuts
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Just mush up everything.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 190°C (recirculating air.) Heads up: this is way longer than if you’d want to eat the cookies just like that. But they need to be crunchy for this dessert!
- Let them cool out completely.
If you just feel like cookies, here’s the recipe!
Hope you and your guests will love this dessert!