Zucchini Cakes pimped with chocolate is as good as it gets. We truly love easy cakes and we love adding veggies to our baking. This easy vegan zucchini cake recipe is a real winner and is something we often take with to work for our colleagues – and it is truly appreciated. It only takes about 15 minutes to grate the zucchini and mix up everything.
Zucchini is the perfect addition to any cake, as it tastes quite neutral but has so much water, which makes the baked good super moist. And as we are absolute chocolate lovers, we add chocolate chips and chunks to EVERYTHING!
Vegan baking can be super fun and really simple. It’s really easy to replace animal products with plant-based ingredients. We are lucky to have so many plant-based options nowadays. So, there’s literally no reason anymore, cause we don’t miss out on anything anymore. YAY!
Now let’s get started!
Prep time: 15 minutes preparation, 55 minutes baking
Serves: As many people as you like (use a 30-35cm cake form)
100g neutral oil (coconut oil or rapeseed oil)
100ml oat milk
1 package of baking powder (18g)
300g spelt flour
300g grounded hazelnuts
100g cane sugar
100g dark chocolate
1 pinch of salt
1 pack of vegan chocolate coating
- Grate the zucchini. Keep the water/juice or whatever it’s called 😁
- Preheat your oven at 180°C
- Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl with a spoon. Do not use a mixer or hand mixer.
- Grease the baking form with the margarine
- Fill the cake batter into the form
- Bake the cake for 55-60 minutes. We covered up the cake after 15 minutes, so it doesn’t burn.
- Check with a toothpick if the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool out completely.
- Follow instructions of thee chocolate coating.
- Top of the cake with the chocolate coating.
How do you like this recipe? If you’re looking for more simple vegan recipes, check out what we have to offer.
Wishing you all a fantastic Sunday and a great start to the new week!