The scent of roasted nuts. Full stop. That right there is enough to get us drooling. Now imagine a full baking tray full of delicious smelling granola coming right out of your oven. Still warm, filling your whole apartment with this undeniably fantastic scent. Got your attention? Want it too? Great! We’ve got a recipe here for you. Super simple, super quick and it will save you money on the long run – if you’re a granola addict, like us!
What we love about homemade granola, is that first of all we know exactly what’s in it and secondly the variety of flavors. For example at the moment we love adding cinnamon to get this great fall scent and feeling. But if you prefer vanilla for example, just go with that! If you don’t like dates, don’t add dates. If you’re more into whole wheat, get that instead of just normal flakes. Endless options you got here.
What you’ll need
Depending on the batch you plan to make, you’ll need to vary the amount indicated. We freestyle a lot here, so it’s never gonna be the same. This amount is for 3 full baking trays, as we like to make big batches.
200g Spelt flakes
1’000g whole grain flakes
400g peeled almonds
200g dates, pitted, fresh
300ml maple syrup
3 tbl Cinnamon
1/2 tbl salt
100ml sunflower oil
We highly recommend the salt. It’s gonna give your granola the extra kick.
- Preheat oven to 170°C (air circulation)
- Add all the flakes in a big bowl
- Chop up almonds and cashews into chunks (not to small, you want the crunch)
- Chop the dates
- Add cinnamon, salt, dates and chopped up nuts into the bowl and give it a stir
- Then dripple the maple syrup over all the ingredients while mixing everything with a spoon until you’ve got maple syrup all over the mass. Add the sunflower oil and mix again.
- Spread out the granola on a baking tray (we use baking paper, so we don’t need to clean up the mess afterwards) so that it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy the scent
- Let it cool down for 30 minutes
If you’re looking for inspiration on what to do with your granola, check out our açaí bowl or our oatmeal breakfast bowl.
Tag us on Instagram to show us your granola creation. We would love to see what you used and how you made it.