Having great neighbors is worth so much! Our neighbors have an amazing vegetable garden. They get so many veggies; they share them with us! That’s what I call lucky. So yesterday we got an eggplant and thought of making a delicious vegan pasta dish with an eggplant tomato sauce. It’s easy, it’s quick – perfect for a week-night meal.
Eggplants – or aubergines – are high in fiber, contain lots of vitamins and minerals and are also low in calories. So, it’s a perfect addition to add to a plate of pasta.
We hope you enjoy this simple recipe or it gives you some inspiration for a quick dinner. Have fun cooking it!
Prep time: 15min, Cooking time: 20min
Serves 3-4 people
1 pack of whole wheat pasta (e.g. 500g Oreccheitte from Rummo)
400g chopped tomato
100ml whipped cream (soy)
1 garlic clove
4 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Chop onions and eggplant
- Boil water and add some salt
- Sear onions in a frying pan on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant and fry for about another 5 minutes on medium heat
- Add garlic, oregano, chili flakes, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes
- Pour whipped cream into sauce, stir well and try if you like the flavor (add more spices if necessary)
- Let the sauce simmer on a low temperature for 10 minutes
- Cook pasta for about 10-12 minutes (check information on package)
- Mix sauce and pasta
- Top off with some vegan parmesan
If you’re a pasta fan, check out our favorite pasta recipe: Vegan Cream Cashew Pasta